What is difference between air cooled and water cooled chiller
There are many kinds of equipment for cooling in daily use. However, the scope of application of the chiller is relatively wide. It can control the temperature within a certain range, and the cooling effect is stable, which is suitable for various industries. When the chiller is applied to various industrial equipments, it uses circulating cooling water to cool down the industrial equipment to ensure stable and safe operation of the equipment.
The air-cooled chiller realizes the cooling function by cooling the cooling water of the chiller. Because of the heat exchange between the fan and the air, the air-cooled chiller also uses heat-dissipating components such as a fan and a dust-proof net. Cooling. The air-cooled chiller can control temperature while maintaining stable performance, small footprint, convenient movement and easy operation.
The water-cooled chiller cools the circulating water through the chiller's refrigeration system and delivers it to the equipment through the pump and cooling water. The water-cooled chiller is relatively less affected by the environment, but the company needs a good water source for circulation cooling. Due to the water tower, the water-cooled chiller occupies a large area, and the installation and maintenance workload is large. Below we will specifically analyze the difference between the air-cooled chiller and the water-cooled chiller.
The difference between air-cooled chiller and water-cooled chiller:
1. Initial investment in equipmentSince the heat exchange efficiency of water is much greater than the air exchange efficiency, the water-cooled chiller is more energy efficient than the air-cooled chiller. Compared with the water-cooled condenser with the same heat exchange capacity, the wind condenser has a large volume, a large amount of materials, and a high manufacturing cost. Water-cooled chillers, even with the equipment cost of the cooling water system, still have a total cost of about 15-20% lower than that of the internal cooling unit. In addition, since the nominal power of the air-cooled unit is larger than the nominal power of the water-cooled unit, the cost in terms of power capacity increase and electronic control equipment is also high.
2. PerformanceThe heat transfer temperature difference of the water-cooled unit condenser is generally 4. C-8. C, while the air-cooled chiller has a heat transfer temperature difference of generally 8. C-15. C. Under the same outdoor ambient temperature, the water temperature of the cooling circulating water is lower than the outdoor air temperature. Therefore, the condensing temperature of the air-cooled unit in normal operation is much higher than the condensing temperature of the water-cooling unit, so that the air-cooled unit is In the case of the same cooling capacity, the power consumption is larger than that of the water cooling unit.
3. Equipment roomThe air-cooled chiller is an outdoor type machine that can be placed on the roof of a building or on an outdoor floor. The chilled water circulation pump can also be placed together with the unit without occupying the machine room. For water-cooled chillers, a machine room should be provided to ensure that the equipment includes the chiller, chilled water circulation pump, cooling water circulation pump normal operation and service life, and cooling tower equipment is placed on the building roof or outdoor floor. It can be seen that in the case that the building cannot provide the machine room, the selection of air-cooled chillers should be a more feasible way.
4. Operating costsSince the water-cooled unit operates at a lower condensing temperature, the cooling efficiency is high, and the power consumption of the unit is small. In general, water-cooled chillers with the same cooling capacity are compared with air-cooled units. The overall power consumption of water-cooled units (including the power consumption of cooling water pumps and cooling tower fans) is lower than that of air-cooled units 25 %about.
5. MaintenanceThe shell-and-tube condenser used in the water-cooled unit has a small influence on the heat exchange efficiency within a certain range of fouling accumulation. Therefore, the performance of the unit decreases with the generation of dirt, and the cleaning cycle is long, and the relative maintenance cost is low. . The heat exchange efficiency of the finned condenser used in the air-cooled unit is greatly affected by the accumulation of ash scale. The dust filter grid must be installed in front of the heat dissipating fin tube, and frequent cleaning is required. Due to the high operating pressure of the air-cooled unit, it is generally installed outdoors, and the operating environment is relatively harsh. It is not as good as the water-cooled chiller in terms of maintainability and reliability.
The above is the difference analysis between air-cooled chiller and water-cooled chiller. It can be seen from the above that the air-cooled chiller and the water-cooled chiller have their own characteristics, and should be selected according to different use environments, space, required cooling capacity, and geographical factors.
Add: Zhentou district,Liuyang city,Hunan province.China 410319